Contenido del post
In the last few weeks I have received several emails from students asking what they have to do to obtain Spanish nationality. In order to do so, they will have to take the DELE nationality exam.
Due to the demand, I have decided to make this post where I explain everything you have to do to obtain the Spanish nationality. In this way, I will solve all your doubts.
What do you have to do to obtain Spanish nationality?
The Instituto Cervantes is the institute that prepares and administers the test to obtain Spanish nationality. To obtain it, you have to pass the DELE A2 exam or higher and the CCSE test (constitutional and socio-cultural knowledge of Spain).
These tests can be taken by persons resident in Spain and Sephardim of Spanish origin.
It is important to know that the following groups do not have to take this test:
- Children under 18 years of age.
- People under guardianship.
- People who have Spanish as an official language in their country of origin.
When and where can you take the exam to obtain Spanish nationality?
The Instituto Cervantes offers 10 exam dates per year for the CCSE exam and for the DELE A2 it also offers several exam dates per year. To see the exam dates for 2022 you will have to wait until the end of the year, which is when they are published on the official website of the Instituto Cervantes.
The dates for the third quarter of 2021 for the DELE A2 and CCSE tests are as follows:
- September 2021: Examination date 30/9 with closing date for registration on 9 September 2021.
- October 2021: Examination date 28/10 with closing date for registration on 7 October.
- The last exam in 2021 will be held in November, on 25 November, with the closing date for registration on 4 November.
As for where you can take the exam, there are more than 200 examination centres around the world where you can take the DELE nationality exam. On this map you can find your nearest centre.
What are the tests for Spanish nationality like?
On the one hand, we have the DELE A2 which is structured in 4 tests as follows:
- Test 1. Reading comprehension.
- Test 2. Listening comprehension.
- Test 3. Written expression and interaction.
- Test 4. Oral expression and interaction.
On the other hand, the CCSE test consists of 5 tasks of 25 questions in total and the questions are related to:
- Government, legislation and citizen participation in Spain.
- Spanish culture, history and society.
Task 1 consists of 10 multiple-choice questions, each with three possible answer options. For each question, the candidate must choose the correct answer from the three available options.
Task 2 consists of 3 true/false questions.
The learner has to read short statements or sentences and choose the correct answer from two options.
Task 3 of the CCSE exam consists of 2 multiple-choice questions, each with three possible answers and possible visual support by means of a geographical map. For each question, the candidate must choose the correct answer from the three available options.
For task 4 of the exam, we will have 3 multiple-choice questions, each with three possible answers.
For each question, the candidate must choose the correct answer from the three available options. This task may involve questions or statements about relevant Spanish traditions, art, culture and historical events.
The last task of the Spanish nationality exam is task 5, which is made up of 7 multiple choice questions, each with three possible answers.
For each question, the candidate must choose the correct answer from the three available options.
In this task we may be asked for knowledge of different aspects of everyday life and behaviour in society. Knowledge of administrative procedures in Spain.
How do you register for the DELE CCSE test?
Registration can only be done online through the Instituto Cervantes website.
CCSE test fee
- The registration fee for the DELE Nationality exam 2021 exam is 85 euros. This price includes the exam fees, the issue of the Certificate of Qualification and access to all preparation materials, including the CCSE Exam Preparation Guide.
- By paying the registration fee for the Spanish DELE nationality exam you are entitled to take the exam up to 2 times. So, if you fail the first time, you will have another free chance to pass the CCSE.
- Registration for the CCSE exam can only be done online, after the student has previously registered on the private platform of the Cervantes Institute.
Where can I find a course to obtain Spanish nationality?
At our online school, we offer 100% personalised courses. It is important that the preparation for the DELE Spanish nationality exam is tailored to your objective and adjusted to your pace and learning style.
In addition, it is essential for DELE preparation to have a teacher who is also an official DELE examiner. In this way, their in-depth knowledge of the exam will guide you through the DELE exam and help you to achieve your goal.
Talk to me about your case in a 30-minute free trial lesson and let’s start working together.
Contact me and get Spanish nationality!