Contenido del post
One of the most important points to prepare well for the oral test DELE and to develop the right strategies to get the APTO is to know well all the oral test DELE evaluation.
Logically, depending on the level, you will be required to have a different level of language, but the B1, B2, C1 and C2 oral test DELE evaluation scales evaluate the same thing in different degrees of language proficiency.
Let us now look at the scale system.
Grading scale system for the oral test DELE assessment
First of all, you should be aware that there will be 2 examiners in the examination room: the interviewer and the examiner, and your score will depend on these two assessments.
Therefore, 2 scales are used for the marking of the Speaking and Interaction test:
- Analytic scale: This mark is given to you by the examiner, who is out of your field of vision during the test and can analyse what you say in more detail. This scale is worth 60% of the final mark.
- Holistic scale: the holistic score is given to you by the interviewer, i.e. the examiner who conducts the test and interacts with you. This score will account for the remaining 40%.
Once you are familiar with the two scales, it is time to ask yourself which aspects of the language each one will assess.
The ANALYTICAL scale consists of 4 categories with 4 bands each. These categories are:
- Coherence: test your ability to make a coherent and structured speech. It is important to use connectors that connect your speech in a clear way.
- Fluency: evaluate the rhythm of your speech, pauses and pronunciation.
- Correction: will look at the grammatical mastery of the level you are taking. For this reason, it is necessary to have the corresponding level to be able to take the DELE.
- Scope: the scope is the linguistic repertoire you possess on the topic you are going to talk about. The richer the vocabulary, the better.
On the other hand, the HOLISTIC scale consists of 4 bands in which it is evaluated globally:
- Task accomplishment, i.e. whether you have achieved the objective of each task.
- Variety of vocabulary and command of grammar.
- Fluency and naturalness in your speech, as well as in your interaction with the interviewer.
The interviewer assesses, as I said, in a global way. Because they are interacting with you and not taking notes during the test, their assessment is more superficial.
The scales are divided into 4 bands which I explain below.
Each scale is divided into 4 bands ranging from 0 to 3. These bands are used to assess the candidate’s performance and to compare it.
Band 2 is compliance with the level. Band 3 would be an overachievement of the level, and band 1 would be a non-achievement of the level.
Therefore, you will have to be at least in band 2 in order to pass, although this does not mean that because you are, for example, in band 1 in range at T1, you cannot pass the official Spanish exam.
Check the 2022 exam dates and start preparing for the DELE. To familiarise yourself with some of the oral tasks, you can see how to prepare for Task 1 oral DELE C1.
Start the DELE!